12/6/17

A TALE OF DEAD WOMEN

In 2015 I wrote a missive titled, "Into Oblivion", after discovering the forgotten tales of horrific death in Oklahoma in the 1940's through 1960's.  That discovery led to tracking down similar deaths, unsolved, and forgotten.  The stories of these, mostly, women chilled and moved me. 


As a result of that project I have heard from numerous retired police and investigators, family members and other interested parties.  A couple shared alleged 'deathbed confessions' that appear to have solved the mystery of a missing Oklahoma mother. This no doubt brought peace to the families but  left others with so many questions. I have highlighted some of those stories on this page. The ones that remain unanswered, however, beckon. These unsolved crimes tend to haunt people, myself included.

US Edition
I was therefore extremely intrigued when I read a new treatment of the famous 'Black Dahlia' horror of 1947 in LA by Piu Eatwell.  It is worth the read as it brings out many details overlooked or ignored through the years.

Of special note was a nearly forgotten suspect was highlighted whose mental state and methods were similar to other crimes I had discovered in my research from the middle section and southwest portions of the country. 

The Oklahoma connection brought to light in Eatwell's work made me recall those horrific crimes in Oklahoma, New Mexico, and South Texas that were so familiar.

To read a key excerpt from Into Oblivion see the stories , "The Girl in the Red Plastic Belt" on this blog.

A link to an original new story about one of the Oklahoma cases profiled in Into Oblivion is here.

No comments:

I Write Like...

I write like
H. P. Lovecraft

I Write Like. Analyze your writing!

Expanded and Revised Edition

Expanded and Revised Edition
Coming Soon!