3/15/11

PHOTOGRAPHIC INNOVATION ca.1910

Having enjoyed a class in the history of photography, when I saw this jewel in a second hand shop, I decided to pick it up for my collection of 'unclaimed' portraits.  It is unique.  This innovative cardboard photo holder has a long tailed bird embossed (it may be a peacock).  It is from an old studio in Norman, Oklahoma (OrenBaun's).  There is no name on the holder or the photograph to identify the woman.  The image/holder is the size of a smaller bookmark so would have easily fit in an envelope or a jacket pocket (to be held close to the heart?).  The woman appears in her late twenties or early thirties.  The high coat collar and hat are similar to styles worn between 1910 and 1918.  Who was she and who did she send the photo and the soft smile to so many years ago?

No comments:

I Write Like...

I write like
H. P. Lovecraft

I Write Like. Analyze your writing!

Expanded and Revised Edition

Expanded and Revised Edition
Coming Soon!